Experis, part of the ManpowerGroup, is a global market leader in HR services and talent sourcing solutions.
Present in over 50 countries worldwide, our clients are amongst the most prestigious companies in today’s changing world of work.
Experis-experts provide top candidates with challenging missions in the specialties IT, Engineering, Life Sciences , Finance and Human Resources
Your career is our mission !
For our client based in Mons, we are looking for a Logistics Manager.
As Logistics Manager, you will be responsible for 2 Coordinators and more than 10 Logistics Team Leaders. You will be responsible for a big part of the logistics operations like inbound, VAS, distribution, administration... Your role is a key function at the Distribution Center and you will be part of the management team and report directly to the DC Manager.
People Management: Your job is to support, lead and manage your team and to provide direction by setting goals where people are involved, engaged, and work as one.
• Keep yourself and your team updated on overall business results (i.e. company goals, performance and expectations) communicating them in an inspiring way.
• Use company´s and Logistics´ vision and focuses to create relevant and attainable goals together with the DC management and your team.
• Include people planning (future needs, succession pipeline for all relevant roles, and internal rotation) in yearly business plans/goals.
• Drive and support relevant employer branding activities.
• Perform high quality recruitment processes (i.e. having the right people in the right roles) and on boarding for all relevant roles and teams.
• Identify and develop high potentials, following and supporting their progress.
• Support and follow-up participation in recommended trainings in your department
• Work well in all teams and actively support your Group Leaders.
• Create conditions for, support, and evaluate your team member´s growth and performance by high quality and continuous dialogues, using relevant tools and materials (i.e. dialogue talk and contribution matrix).
• Ensure that all employee relation responsibilities, legal requirements, and the company policies are fulfilled.
Operational Efficiency: You give clear and inspiring logistics direction through relevant and attainable goals and maximize profitability through planning, budget and cost follow up. You generally contribute to selling through a commercial focus and a pro-active product supply chain.
• Have a clear overview on how Logistics contribute to business result and how to include and collaborate with other functions and departments to reach the best outcome.
• Together with the DC Manager and management team set, communicate, and follow-up logistic goals and KPI´s with the objective to achieve great customer service, profitability and result for all brands and channels.
• Continuously analyze and evaluate your logistic results and tendencies with the objective to pro-actively plan and take relevant actions.
• Ensure your budget is set on time, and followed up throughout the year.
• Collaborate closely with other departments and global logistics to prevent loss.
• Ensure compliance to logistic operational best practice work processes for your department and in cooperation with the DC Management team
• Ensure that all quality KPIs are constantly reached to perform the best store and customer service.
• Apply a high grade of flexibility in the daily operations, based on sales dynamics.
• Ensure a well-functioning communication to the Sales Organization (e.i. Head of Merchandising and/or Merchandise Manager).
• Ensure accurate and in time deliveries to customers through optimal capacity and lead time control.
• Keep up to date on campaigns or other important sales related information and ensure a well- functioning supply chain to the customers together with your team.
People Management experience of at least 5 years is mandatory
• Excellent Management skills
• Self-motivating and business minded
• High integrity, drive and initiative
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Open-minded, clear and convincing communicator with helicopter ability
• Copying with a high workload
• Organizational knowledge
• Stress-resistant with a positive coaching attitude and a willingness to learn and improve
• Able to work in changing environments
• Fluent in English, both verbal and written
• Strong Microsoft Office user
Our client offers you a permanent contract in a challenging and growing company.